December 8, 2016

Dividend Income - October 2016

This month's dividend income came in at $332.55, just 0.5% shy of 2015's $334.14. Although almost every stock we owned increased their dividend rates since last year, it was not enough to offset the losses caused by Husky eliminating their dividend, Liquor Depots reducing their dividends, and us selling our shares of Bird Construction. 

This was the first month I started receiving interest from my P2P loans with Prosper which amounted to $12.74 after service fees. I am expecting to receive more in the future months as only a fraction of my initial $2000 contribution was lent out in September. Starting next month, I will be including the interest payments as "dividend income" in my monthly posts.




Dividend changes this month:
  • BNS raised their quarterly dividend 2.8% from $0.72/share to $0.74/share, increasing our passive income by $3.60.  This is the second time in a year for a total increase of 5.7%.

Dividends in USD are converted to CAD using the monthly average exchange rates from the Bank of Canada.

No comments:

Post a Comment